Friday, July 18, 2008

A band a day...Charetta.

A band a day helps keep the boredom away. Over the course of this blog, I will do my best to try and post about a different band in as much detail as I possibly can.

I've decided to start this feature with a band that I've been following closely for the past five months called Charetta.

Charetta is:
Angelina del Carmen (lead singer)
Pablo LaFrossia (guitarist)
Dave Chisholm (guitarist)
Richard Mollo (bassist)
Adonis Sanchez (drummer)

If Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil lost her accent and became the lead singer of Dark New Day, you'd have something that sounds like Charetta.

February 11, 2008 marks the first time that I saw this band perform live. Within the past five months, I've seen the rapid transformation of a band the likes of which I've never seen before.

The first couple of times that I saw this band, they were good and I could tell that they had potential. However, with the addition of a fifth member two months ago (guitarist Dave Chisholm), potential isn't something they have...it is now something that they own

Their debut EP and upcoming full-length will be produced by Brett Hestla, lead singer of Dark New Day, former touring bassist for Creed, and one of my favorite producers right now. 

He's produced nationally recognized artists such as Faktion and Framing Hanley.

Charetta has the charisma and the accessibility to become one of the top female-fronted bands in the country.

To give you an idea of what they're like live, here's two opening songs from a recent set.

No comments: