Thursday, May 14, 2009

A band a day...Damone

Sometimes failing can be a good thing.

Let me explain. Damone has jumped from label to label before finally self-releasing their third album and with each release, they have gotten better and better.

Damone is:
Noelle LeBlanc (Vocals/Guitar)
Mike Woods (Lead Guitar/Vocals)
Vazquez (Bass)
Dustin Hengst (Drums)

Damone started in 2002 on RCA Records when they released From the Attic. Their deal fell through and then they got signed in 2006 by Island who released Out Here All Night. They left Island in 2008 and then without any warning released Roll the Dice late last year.

I'm not a big fan of classic rock. I just can't get into it.
I'm not a big fan of pop-punk. I just can't get into it.

However, this band has elements of both in their sound. And I LOVE them. They can shred and they know how to write a hook.

Somehow, this band always seems to wind up getting a raw deal.

I think they could theoretically be added to the Hidden Classics list with their last two records that I've purchased.

Noelle's style may remind you of a Joan Jett, but her voice is more reminiscent of Karen O. from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

This band has perfect party music if you don't feel like dancing. 

Here's a live video for "What We Came Here For" from Out Here All Night.

If you don't feel like going on I-Tunes, you can grab their newest album, Roll the Dice, from Amie Street for a little over $2.

Bargain album of the year for me.

No comments: