Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Musical Elitism

This blog entry is inspired by a couple of reviews from a website that shall remain nameless so as to not give this person any credibility. I can rule one site out immediately: Tunelab Music.

This person seems to make it a point to bash artists. Every sentence more virulent than the last, but much like the reviews, don't seem to go anywhere. It's even worse than when Maxim had the Black Crowes fiasco.

I used to do CD reviews of my own back when I had the Rockturtle blog, but then I thought to myself "Well, I'm not a musician and I don't know what plays good, I just think I know what sounds good."

So that's what I set out this blog to do. Rather than focus on the artists or artists that I don't like, I make it a habit to promote the artists that I like in the hopes that those checking this blog out listen to them.

I don't claim to be a know it all and I'm definitely not holier than thou.

I hope you keep checking it out and keep listening. 

No comments: