Friday, May 8, 2009

Child Prodigies

I am a humongous drums fan. Drums are my favorite instrument and if I could play, I would.

For those of you who visit Youtube, you guys may have seen a video of a young 12 year old Tony Royster Jr. going nuts on a drum solo. I was still playing with my WWE action figures at 12 years old. How this kid did what he did is astounding enough. He's gone on to drum in a band called Lazyeye and he also has drummed for Jay-Z.

This week, I found myself at a loss for words at a four year old that has essentially killed my desire to ever play drums. The kid is not perfect. Yeah, I know. Shut the hell up. Give him two years, he'll be throwing sticks in the air like he's Ray Luzier. Most drummers when they play wear band shirts or just play shirtless. This kid's wearing Shrek like a little bad-ass.

But drums aren't the only instrument that little kids can own.

They play guitar and boy, do they!

I mean, at 8 years old, I barely had enough hand-eye coordination to tie my God damned shoes. These little kids play guitar like freakin' Mark Tremonti.

Kids are getting better at doing this younger. Drive A, Crooked X, and Black Tide have played with Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Trivium and other great bands.

I haven't even picked up an instrument and I quit!

No comments: