Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A band a day...The day after...

I didn't have to go very far to find my next band who...happens to come from Las Vegas!

Jenine Cali (Vocals/guitar)
KC Wells (Bass)
Daniel Kloza (Drums)

It's rare to get into a band that has a local following, but it's very rare when that local following is on the other side of the country. I mean, I've never even BEEN to Las Vegas. But it's completely worth it.

This power trio can play many sub-genres of rock and make it their own. Their back catalog hearkens back between 80s alternative and 90s grunge with garage rock and emo sprinkles.

I may have never been to Vegas, but listening to the music actually makes me think that "This is Vegas." It's laid back and understated but has an intensity about it. I think of Vegas as a perfect escape from the world just as I think that listening to TDA is the perfect escape from the world. 

But unlike the old adage of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", this band is too good to "stay in Vegas". Their music is receiving airplay regularly on Vegas rock stations (probably one of the best markets for alternative or active rock in the country).

They're currently at work on their third album (fourth, if you count the double E.P.) and if their recent live material is any indication, they've already stepped their music up to another level.

Here are live performances of Black Heart Symphony, Hum, and a remix to Car Crash.

No comments: