Monday, August 11, 2008

The Youtube Music Festival...

Thanks to the popularity and importance of Youtube as far as music is concerned, I've decided to start an online festival to celebrate the awesomeness of live performances.

Every week, I plan to post five performances that I believe deserve your attention.

So without any further ado, let's start it off with a cover of The Final Countdown.

I'm sorry, but I had to keep the budget down for performances and they were the only ones that would do it for free.

Let's keep the performances rolling with Taproot's Myself. I generally like to keep away from pits...but you can't help getting involved in one when there's a mosh started by the lead singer!

Next is Ra's Do You Call My Name. I was supposed to go to this concert last week but I wound up being sick. I feel bummed about it.

The next performance is Evans Blue's performance of The Pursuit. I post this performance in regards to Kevin Matisyn having left the group a couple of weeks ago. Let's hope that both parties can move onto making better music.

My headline performance of this week though belongs to Alter Bridge with their performance of Blackbird from last month. The fact that I was there to watch it certainly doesn't hurt it but everytime I see this performance it gives me chills.

No comments: