Monday, March 16, 2009

A Band a Day...Nural

Readers, you'll have to excuse me for posting four consecutive area bands.

I was just trying to practice what I preach when it comes to sticking to the scene.

I hope I posted some really good bands.

Now that that's over, I've got an band from another big city that deserves attention.

Nural is from Los Angeles, California.

Nural is:
Kyle Castellani (Vocals)
Douglas Allen (Guitar/Vocals/Keyboard)
Charley Hoy (Guitar)
Kyle Black (Bass)
Aaron Breding (Drums)

Nural has existed as a band since 2000, releasing their debut The Weight of the World in 2005. The album was led by Tension.

They had some stints on Warped Tour shows before going into record their next album with superproducer David Bendeth.

They hadn't really broken through and this was supposed to be the album. Years passed however without hearing a peep out of the album aside from some teaser videos.

Then on February 2nd, 2009, inexplicably and unexpectedly, their second album Entitlement showed up on Download Punk.

It has quickly become the #1 album on the site.

The thing that I like most about Nural is that they seem to bridge the gap between pop-punk and hard rock better than any band I've heard. It works when you have influences ranging from Muse and Mutemath to Blindside and Every Time I Die.

Most hard rock fans tend to hate pop-punk and vice versa. In this case, there's a little something for everyone.

Working with David Bendeth, who's worked with bands like Breaking Benjamin and Paramore, helped to perfect their sound.

I've seen weird performances, but this might take the cake. This is Nural performing Tension at an ice rink. It ain't Ice Capades people!

No comments: