Monday, March 9, 2009

My favorite musical concept ever.

As I mentioned in the last blog, in times as depressing as these, music can help heal the soul. 

Music can help uplift and inspire. Unlike the last blog, where I mentioned how much you can get from music.

It's gotten me through school shootingsuntimely celebrity deaths, and the worst tragedy of our generation, 9/11.

Unlike the last blog, where I mentioned how much you can get from music, this blog will focus on how we can give back.

The band Mae, who'd released Singularity with Capitol in 2007 and left the label last year has such an amazing idea. 

The idea is that they would release 12 songs for their next project, one for every month of the year and have people donate at least a dollar to purchase the song and at the same time fund a humanitarian cause.

They are attempting to rebuild the house of Rhonda Floyd, a resident of Newport News, Virginia, who's house burned down in a fire. 

Their goal is to raise $65,000 for the year. Every little bit helps and even though I'm not a huge fan of Mae, the idea that music can not only heal, but give back is something that you don't see in the industry nowadays.

No comments: